Protect the digital resources of Princeton University through ensuring that every device connected to our protected network is managed and secure.
Manage the leadership change and organizational re-alignment in a manner that enhances our mission of providing high-quality information technology services to campus.
Departmental Goals and Top Projects
Supporting the university mission through excellent customer service, innovative software solutions and a robust and secure campus infrastructure.
- Develop the next generation of IT Leaders at Princeton through a structured talent and skills development program.
IT Skills Academy
- Create and deliver a multi-level curriculum that will expand competencies in essential technology areas to develop and improve skills for the 600+ IT staff at the University.
Salary and Compensation Review
- In partnership with Human Resources continue to develop a compensation strategy for all IT staff at Princeton.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- In partnership with Human Resources, hire a DEI leader to implement strategic IT DEI initiatives that align with the University's data focused DEI Strategy.
- Support the implementation of the new IT Governance and Core Services Committee.
Enterprise Resource Planning
- ERP Planning
- Assessment and Implementation of new Course planning, Advising
- Implementation of TigerHub Mobile for students
- Restricted Data Remediation and Record Retention
- Open Enrollment 2023, Salary Administration Module 2024
- Banking Transformation – Phase II
- Integration with new PPPL Finance system with University Finance and HR ERP
Custom Solutions and Integrations & UX
- Financial Aid (multiple projects)
- Princeton Mortgages Rewrite
Software Infrastructure Services
- Cloud Infrastructure and Application Migration
Package Adaptation and Configuration
- Enterprise Health System Implementation
- Faculty Information System Implementation
- Advancement CRM Assessment and Planning
- InfoEd/Dean for Research Assessment and Planning
- Lab Animal Research Assessment and Implementation
Web Development Services
- Drupal post-upgrade enhancements and continued website development
Center for Data Analytics and Reporting (CeDAR)
- Alignment with University Data Office (UDO) on Data Strategy and Supporting Technical Infrastructure
Customer Service and Support
- Campus Digital Experience: Consistent support experience with the OIT Service Desk, Service Point, and Financial Service Center.
- Enhancing End User Computing: building and deploying a consistent, repeatable and secure process for acquiring personal computers on campus.
- Managed Printer Program: improving the way that printing and copying are done on campus.
- IT Service and Operations Management: Leveraging the ServiceNow platform to automate IT operations and processes.
Service Management Process and Data Strategy
- Secure Computing Initiative: Leveraging the asset management data in ServiceNow to ensure that only secure computers are allowed on the protected network.
IT Strategic Plan
- IT Governance: Coordinate the creation of and staff the new IT governance committees.
- Cybersecurity Initiative: Manage the Campus Cybersecurity program.
- Administrative Data Strategy: advice and support the UDO in establishing a Data Strategy Executive Council and planning for strategic data initiatives.
- Supporting the ERP transformation projects.
- Supporting SAGIT-led initiatives: Faculty Information System, Financial Aid technology enhancements, new campus CRM assessment, Research Compliance improvements and IT Infrastructure Cloud migration.
- Build a new business solutions analysis team to support SAGIT-funded work.
Project Portfolio Process
- Migrate the IPP to a new SharePoint Platform.
- Complete the final phase of the Next Generation Network Upgrade.
- Utilize the new network to enable the segmentation strategy for our Verify-to-Connect Program.
- Complete Phase II of the WiFi High-Density project to further improve wireless services in classrooms, dining halls and areas supporting large gatherings.
- Deliver and test network infrastructure and telecommunications installations for capital construction, major renovations, and leased spaces.
- Roll-out a risk management program for campus-wide IT-enabled critical infrastructure, including updates to continuity of operations plans and regular tabletop exercises with campus partners.
- Expand monitoring services for IT-enabled critical infrastructure and cloud services.
- Complete the HPCRC datacenter expansion study in partnership with Office of the Provost and Office of the Vice President for Facilities to support the next frontier of high-performance computing.
- Deploy infrastructure systems for University Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud, and Amazon Web Services private "clouds”.
- Implementation and expansion of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete solution, for 24x7x365 monitoring capabilities.
- Maturing vulnerability management and threat hunting capabilities.
Policy and Governance
- Establishing IT Risk and Security Governance Committee.
Risk, Training and Outreach
- Testing, piloting and implementation of ServiceNow based continuous IT risk assessment.
- Testing and implementation of annual campus wide security training.
- Testing and implementation of campus wide simulated phishing tests.
Security Architecture & Access
- OIT Cybersecurity Verify to Connect model roll-out.
- Implementation of continuous external surface attack assessment and reporting.